Considering we were targeting limited areas and our objective was expanding the customer base we tried to reach our audience via multiple touch points through both Meta and Google. While 40% of the budget was spent on Google Ads, the rest 60% was spent on Meta ads.
The main objective was to get subscriptions for milk and there were multiple milk types available for each area, so initially, we tested multiple varieties across all areas to find the product that works best for each area.
For Google Ads, our major focus was on search ads as those were the campaigns giving us the best quality leads but we kept Discovery, Display and YouTube in the mix to increase the number of touch points and brand recall. Also because the search volume was limited, it was important to use push campaigns like display, discovery and YouTube to cover more audience.
For Meta, in addition to finding the right audience it was very important to find the right messaging for each set of audiences. Also, it was important to convey product USPs very clearly so users would be willing to pay for the quality they were getting. Once we found the right messaging for each audience we focused on creating multiple variations of the messaging to bring the cost down.